What I love about homeschooling

I love being with my girls plain and simple! I love hearing their thoughts and witnessing their "AHA!" moments and knowing I was a part of it.

Being able to control their exposure to inappropriate influences. Children need to be given the opportunity to stay children and not be pushed into an adult world long before they're ready. Click HERE to read more.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

What's for dinner


Potato Kugel

This is the first time I used this recipe and to tell you the truth, it was a little bland. Next time I would add more salt and seasonings in general and put it under the broiler to make it crispy. It looks delicious though, doesn't it? I added three types of cheese, Monterrey jack, co-jack and mozzarella. Here's the recipe.


Potato Kugel

3 medium potatoes
2 small carrots
1 small onion
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 egg
1 tbs oil
2 tbs chopped parsley
2 tbs wholemeal breadcrumbs
1/2 cup milk powder
15g butter, cubed
1/2 cup grated cheese

1. Grate potatoes, onion and carrots, and combine with the crushed garlic.

2. Lightly beat the egg with the oil, and pour over the grated vegetables. Stir in the parsley, breadcrumbs and milk powder.

3. Spread into a greased 20cm pie dish and dot with the butter.

4. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheese and bake for a further 15 minutes.

Serve hot or cold. Freeze for up to 4 months.


NOTE: So after doing a little bit more research on other potato kugel's, I think it needs to be cooked for another 15 minutes or so. Some recipes even say to turn the oven up to 400 for the last half hour.

No comments: