What I love about homeschooling

I love being with my girls plain and simple! I love hearing their thoughts and witnessing their "AHA!" moments and knowing I was a part of it.

Being able to control their exposure to inappropriate influences. Children need to be given the opportunity to stay children and not be pushed into an adult world long before they're ready. Click HERE to read more.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

social studies project


Here's Fluffy Puppy helping Squirrel with her topicgraphical map. There's actually a top layer of dirt as well as a place for her frog pond but the batteries from their camera had died by then. I will have to post it at a later time.


Fluffy Puppy's map without the topsoil. Tomorrow we will be taking a field trip to a local nursery to find out what plants are indigenous to our area as well as what the best plants to plant in clay soil are. Meanwhile, the girls will have to come up with some ideas of what materials they will use to make their maps look like the sketches they did a few weeks ago.

No comments: