What I love about homeschooling

I love being with my girls plain and simple! I love hearing their thoughts and witnessing their "AHA!" moments and knowing I was a part of it.

Being able to control their exposure to inappropriate influences. Children need to be given the opportunity to stay children and not be pushed into an adult world long before they're ready. Click HERE to read more.

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Basic animal cell cookies from The Smelly Llama


Since Squirrel has been studying cells in science, I thought it would be fun to make cell cookies.


Squirrel making the cytoplasm
.



Fluffy Puppy was in charge of the cell membrane.


Squirrel eating the nucleus.


Having fun with the nuclei and cell membrane.


Our "cells" ready for the oven.

Definitely not the prettiest cookie we've ever made but they are delicious and were a lot of fun to make!

This recipe can be found here:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Play-Dough-Cookies/Detail.aspx
Note: I found I needed much more flour than the recipe called for.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Those look like fun!! We did jello "cells" when we studied plant & animal cells.

RoFayah said...

They were a lot of fun! I plan on doing the jello cell with Fluffy Puppy later on in the year when she learns about the more intricate parts of a cell.

Thanks for commenting!
Mama Llama

L.A. Mama said...

This is GENIUS! Way to go girls!

RoFayah said...

Thank you LA Mama! We had a lot of fun making them!

Mama Llama