What I love about homeschooling

I love being with my girls plain and simple! I love hearing their thoughts and witnessing their "AHA!" moments and knowing I was a part of it.

Being able to control their exposure to inappropriate influences. Children need to be given the opportunity to stay children and not be pushed into an adult world long before they're ready. Click HERE to read more.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hot Rocks



Today we decided to make rock art and the kids had a great time! To make, peel broken crayons until their naked and set aside. Heat rocks in a 350 oven for 15 minutes, make sure to put foil on your cookie sheet. Only take a few out at a time, otherwise your rocks will become too cool. Handle rocks with oven mitts or tongs, be careful, the rocks are REALLY HOT (just ask Squirrel). Take your crayons and watch them melt as you create your masterpiece!


Waiting for the rocks to heat up




using our time wisely


Time to play!




Next time we'll use foil to put the rocks on instead of my dish towels. I think they're going to stain.


I couldn't believe how many green crayons we had!


Didn't they do a good job?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh I love them! Does it take long for the colors to set back up?

RoFayah said...

I don't think so. We actually left and went to Michaels while they dried.