What I love about homeschooling

I love being with my girls plain and simple! I love hearing their thoughts and witnessing their "AHA!" moments and knowing I was a part of it.

Being able to control their exposure to inappropriate influences. Children need to be given the opportunity to stay children and not be pushed into an adult world long before they're ready. Click HERE to read more.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Belle Meade Plantation


Belle Meade Plantation in Belle Meade, Tennessee was famous for it's thoroughbred breeding. It was the biggest plantation in the county during the mid-1800s.


Fluffy Puppy, Spring, Squirrel and Summer



Writing with a fountain pen


Dear Joey,
How do I love thee, let me count thy ways....




Dear Mommy,
This is fun, can we do this everyday?



Three strange girls I felt compelled to take a picture of. (okay, not really). The other two girls are from our Homeschool group.


Dressed in the periodic costume. We weren't allowed to take pictures inside the mansion for preservation reasons.



Also dressed in costume, telling us how the soldiers fought in the civil war.



The whole reason we came....to sit in the same chair Ian Wright from America the Wright Way sat in. Silly girl.



Spring and Squirrel posing (but not touching) next to the stagecoach.



Fluffy Puppy and Squirrel posing.



Being silly.


K, don't ask...I don't know...

No comments: