What I love about homeschooling

I love being with my girls plain and simple! I love hearing their thoughts and witnessing their "AHA!" moments and knowing I was a part of it.

Being able to control their exposure to inappropriate influences. Children need to be given the opportunity to stay children and not be pushed into an adult world long before they're ready. Click HERE to read more.

Saturday, September 12, 2009

What we've been up to

Painting their paper mache globes for geography


Puppy's science experiment, similar to the one she did last year


She put an egg in water, vinegar and salt water.
Do you know what will happen?


First day of school posing with one of the class pets




First day of school

4 comments:

Kelly said...

So good to see a post or two from you again! :-) I've missed reading about you & the girls and what you are up to. :-) I would love to hear more about the art journaling.

RoFayah said...

Thank you, Kelly! This year I decided to incorporate art with self reflection. I will post their work upon their permission. :)

L.A. Mama said...

Would you please send me information for making paper mache globes. California would really enjoy making his planets this way!

RoFayah said...

Mama - We made a no cook paste by using 1 part flour to 2 parts water. (make sure you get out all the lumps.) We used a balloon as the globe and covered the balloon with strips of newspaper with no more than 4 layers of newspaper. Make sure each layer is completely dry before adding the next layer. Our last layer was torn computer paper which made painting easier since it was a white "canvass".