What I love about homeschooling

I love being with my girls plain and simple! I love hearing their thoughts and witnessing their "AHA!" moments and knowing I was a part of it.

Being able to control their exposure to inappropriate influences. Children need to be given the opportunity to stay children and not be pushed into an adult world long before they're ready. Click HERE to read more.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

This is the last post... I promise!

A week or two ago, Mom scheduled a tour at the high school I want to go to. This school... blew all three of us through the roof. I so hope I get in!

Since we were in a private high school during school hours, I only took pictures of the exterior of the buildings. Still, though. It's gorgeous.



Founder's Hall, where the Admissions office is, as well as the Library (left) and Dining Hall. In the Library, they have a FIREPLACE! Insanity, yes?
In the dining hall, the tables are round. While we were there, we couldn't tell the difference between Freshman and Seniors!



This is the academics building. In each classroom (save Math), there's this table called the Harkness table, which I completely adore. It's this abnormally-shaped table that allows discussion and debate, and disables the kid-in-the-back-0f-the-classroom act.



This is the clock tower. It doesn't have any use except to tell time, but isn't it gorgeous?






This is the athletics building. Here, you get your own nutritionist and get to pick what you do for P.E. Besides the workout room, where lay the mechanical machines, you can take Yoga, Meditations, Sports, etc.



This is the building that holds not only the Library, but the Admissions and Dining Hall, too!
*gasp* A SQUIRREL ON AN ENSWORTH BENCH!


This is my favorite picture of all. Not only is there bird waste on the Ensworth concrete, but there's also a sliver on Mom's boot. How awesome is that?
Unfortunately, my picture of the Arts Hall (which'll practically be my home) turned out blurry, so I won't post that.
One thing I find cool about Ensworth is that they don't allow money on campus. You have a punch card instead. And on every day of the week, save Friday (casual day) and Tuesday (extra-formal day), Ensworthians wear uniforms. :)

No comments: